Arkansas ALE Run - November 6, 2016
Pleasant Ridge Town Center
11525 Cantrell Rd
Little Rock, AR 72212
KIDS 6 & Under FREE (root beer & water will be served)
2015 Arkansas ALE Run Champion
7:15 completed 4 Beers. One. Mile.
For A Priceless Cause- No More ALS
SAVE THE DATE NOVEMBER 6th 2016
Pleasant Ridge Town Center
Four Beers, One Mile and One Amazing Party For A Cause.Arkansas ALE Run will answer what we’ve all wondered from time to time, “Why can’t I exercise and drink beer at the same time?” Well wonder no more!
Runners, walkers, rollers and drinkers unite for a fun-filled event capped off by an unforgettable after party featuring live music, gourmet food, games and great people.Think you’ve got what it takes? Let’s find out! Over 21 Beer will be supplied during the run, under 21 Root Beer will be served.
ALL RACERS MUST HAVE A DESIGNATED DRIVER TO RETURN THEM HOME
ALE RUN RULES
1. Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps around Pleasant Ridge Shopping Center (start – beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap – finish).
2. Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun, within the transition area which is the 10 meter zone before the start/finish line.
3. The race begins with the drinking of the first beer in the last meter of the transition zone to ensure the competitors run a complete mile (1609 meters). ( Beer will be provided)
4. Women also drink four beers in four laps- YES! You can do it too
5. Competitors must drink canned beer and the cans should not be less than 355ml (the standard can volume) ( Beer provided)
6. No specialized cans or bottles may be used that give an advantage by allowing the beer to pour at a faster rate. ie “super mega mouth cans” or “wide mouth bottles” are prohibited.
7. Beer cans must not be tampered with in any manner, ie. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. The same applies with bottles – no straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
8. Beer must be a minimum of 5% alcohol by volume. Hard ciders and lemonades will not suffice. The beer must be a fermented alcoholic beverage brewed from malted cereal grains and flavored with hops.
9. Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
10. Competitors who vomit before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: Vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end. * It is strongly recommended, when attempting official records, to tip the empty beer can or bottle over your head at the end of a chug to verify an empty vessel.
*All Arkansas ALE attendees are expected to drink responsibly. You must plan ahead. Any guest who is believed to be intoxicated when entering the event will be denied entry, and a refund for your admission will not be provided. No need to “pre-party”. Any attendee who is found intoxicated or causing general disturbance will be asked to leave the facility without a refund.
Every participant and spectator must arrange for safe transportation post event. Water will be available at each beer station and we encourage everyone to party responsibly with us. We take great care to ensure everyone has a safe and epic experience.